Saturday, January 27, 2007

Zero Sum #7


Zero Sum #7


Zero Sum #7 is finished, and its eBay auction is up and running.

If you've been following the goings-on here at ZSAP closely, you might have noticed the earlier purchase of printmaking supplies - ink, a brayer, a gouge, a baren - and here's the first fruit of those purchases. Unlike my usual work in linocut, this is printed by hand instead of on my press. My thinking here is that anything that goes into the artwork should be traceable to purchases made from profits from the sale of the artwork, and a $1200 press is certainly not one of those purchases. Basically, if I didin't buy it with ZSAP funds I only allow myself to use things around the house that pretty much anyone would already own - a table, a lamp, etc. A specialized piece of equipment like my printing press is out of bounds. You gotta be able to recreate my results - it's the scientific method!



But, aside from all of that, I like the inconsistencies that come with hand printing when working with mixed media. It's more visual information to add to the mix.

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find the lo-fi work with what you have approach quite appealing. the output looks excellent btw. keep it up!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Eileen Downes...the collage artist said...

Interesting site
http://www.eileendownes.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter