Thursday, May 24, 2007

Zero Sum #14



Well, I guessed wrong in the last post - here's Zero Sum #14, and it's not an image with a toy astronaut and glass deer eyes. It's ZSAP's first editioned original etching. Sometimes you just don't know what's going to come together first.

So we have the interesting new situation of an editioned print. To simplify things a bit, the edition size is only 2. One will be sold now (visit the auction to bid if you'd like to own it) and one will be sold during an exhibition of the Zero Sum Art Project to be held here in Pittsburgh in November. That show will follow all of the ZSAP rules, including the sale of the work on eBay - I'm working with a very brave gallerist! It should raise all kinds of interesting complications.

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Great etching, Mark. The Autumn exhibition sounds wonderful. If #'s 1-13 are sold, what will you be exhibiting?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Marc Snyder said...

Hi Peggy, Thanks!

Well, that's the problem I have to solve for the next 5 months! The show opens in November. . .

I'll have to stockpile pieces. Fortunately, to follow my ZSAP "rules" I've had to purchase far more stuff than I've been able to consume, so time is going to be more of an issue than material. I'll need to keep producing pieces to sell to pay for the framing etc, and to keep the project rolling, as well as pieces to set aside for the exhibition. As the pieces are produced they will still be titled sequentially, but not necessarily sold in that order (I've italicized those few things I've already set aside in the ZSAP web gallery, to distinguish them from the sold works.)

Undoubtedly the farther I go in working out the details the more absurd and convoluted the business will become, which is just what I want. Take a few simple rules and see what kind of big complicated mess you can make from them!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Marc (sorry for the mis-spell earlier), this all sounds wonderfully absurd! You are indeed a brave soul, as is the gallerist. It'll be interesting to see how this all progresses. Best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter